[WriteLog] Writelog LPT port on XP and Vista

Jim Sullivan jims at psws.com
Sun Aug 9 13:24:50 PDT 2009

I have a few corrections/enhancements to this PortTalk posting.

When you  edit your writelog.ini file, The LPT1=0x???? Goes in the [Ports]
section of the file.

If your desktop or launch icon is not a short-cut (Target grayed-out) do the
following.
Navigate to the Writelog install directory in your file explorer/
Click and hold down your right Mouse button over the WriteL32.exe file and
drag your mouse to the desktop and release the right mouse button.
Select the create shorcut option from the drop down menu.

To add your new target line, right click on this new shortcut Icon, and
select properties.
Set your Target textbox to:
AllowIo.exe WriteL32.exe  0x????
The ???? is your hex LPT hardware address.

Make sure your Start in textbox is set to your WL install directory.
Example of default WL directory:
"C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs"

You can get back the WL icon by the following:
Right click and select properties on your shortcut icon
selecting the change Icon button
Use the browse button to navigate to the WL install directory.
Select WriteL32.exe to get the Icon back
Select OK

Hope this Helps
Jim W7EJ CN2R