[WriteLog] Band Map Problems

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sat Dec 5 01:55:43 PST 2009

New PC?  What OS?  I had the same problem when I got a new laptop with
Vista.  If your OS is now Windows 7 it probably has the same issue with the
sub bands file as Vista did.  Basically Windows User Account Control will
not allow changes to the USA_Extra.SubBands file in the Writelog\Programs
directory.  You need to get that file into the Virtual Store path or
whatever it's named on a Windows 7 system.

I seem to recall that you can't just edit the sub band file and save it, nor
can you copy the existing file and paste it into the Virtual Store
Writelog\Programs folder.  I had to use the sub band utility to create a
whole new sub band file.  When I saved that Vista put it into the Virtual
Store Programs path and WL suddenly was able to see it and use it.  Sounds
like the same sort of problem.  Rename your USA_Extra.SubBands file in the
Writelog\Programs folder to something else and then use the sub band utility
to create a new one.  It should then be in the right location.

73,
Gary AL9A