[WriteLog] Rttyrite crashes computer when FSK port selected

Dana Roode dana.roode at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:07:43 EST 2009

Writelog folks,

I am setting up a new computer to replace the one Im using now and I
have Writelog 10.70C installed on it.  I am planning to use Sound
Board + FSK mode as I have done on other computers.  When I go to
select either of my two COM ports (that have nothing connected at the
moment) the system Halts with a blue screen.  The Com ports work fine
in other applications, including Writelog Rig control.

Anyone seen this before?  Seems to me I have but I don't recall what I
did to get around it. Maybe this happens when the port isnt connected
to the TXD-FSK cable (which I don't have with me at present).

On the topic of RTTY:: what's the main advantage of using MTTY instead
of RTTYrite?  I have always use the latter and it has worked well.

  Dana, K6NR