[WriteLog] Rttyrite crashes computer when FSK port selected

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 22 22:46:07 EST 2009

Dana,

In the past I have had a Blue Screen crash with a COM port if I selected the
PK-232 and it was configured to use a USB port pseudo port. It is possible
to accidently select the PK-232 when setting up the Rttyrite terminal or the
clone window. I have never had a problem with MMTTY causing any crashes.

As for RTTY with RTTYrite, you are correct it does do a great job. But, I
seem to recall it does not support FSK via serial port and possibly the
earlier version did not support stereo input for two screens, sorry to say
it has been a long time since I have used RTTYrite for TTY, changing
hardware and operating preferences are the reason I no longer use it. As for
MMTTY, it does allow for a wide range of profiles required for changing band
conditions and is also support by most hardware which makes the software of
choice with most Ops.

Hope to catch you in print,
Eric - VE3GSI