[WriteLog] Call stack?

Alfred Frugoli ke1fo at arrl.net
Mon Jan 5 13:01:49 EST 2009

The Alt-C option may be helpful for me on RTTY.  Because of screen real
estate, my rttywrite window is small and only shows the current qso without
scrolling.

As I said, what I'd really like is almost like an integrated scratch pad.
Regardless of mode, the first callsign I type in or click on would go in the
entry window.  A single command could look at the callsign field of the
entry window would then pop up a widow, either for entry or recall.  If
there is a callsign in the entry window, then the command would pop up a
window that could accept one (or more) text strings (either partial or full
callsigns).  If there is no callsign in the entry window, the list of calls
(or partial calls) would pop up and the up/down arrow keys could be used to
select the entry you want.  There should also be a way to clear this list
easily, such as with a % command in an f-key (similar to clearing the rit on
the radio).

Currently I waste a lot of energy by keeping a piece of paper and pencil
next to the keyboard for the times I copy 2 calls at once.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.