[WriteLog] Call stack?

John Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Tue Jan 6 19:32:31 EST 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 16:29 , Bruce King wrote:

> It works the same way in RTTY. The issue for RTTY as I see it, and I
> am
> a confessed relative newcomer to RTTY contesting, is that when you use
> the alt/C function and pick a call to put in the call field, the
> cursor
> moves to the next entry field.

Now that you mention it, this is something that just drives me *nuts*
when contesting in RTTY. I have always blamed it on the contest
modules, but maybe that's not where the problem is. Anyway, this
function of moving to the next entry field as soon as I click on a
callsign is a PITA that prevents me from using the "Enter sends exch/
qrz" function in RTTY contests.

I feel that the necessity of using Insert/+ for all my exchanges slows
me down noticeably as opposed to being able to use "Enter sends exch/
qrz" which I could do if ***clicking the call to put it in the
callsign field would leave the cursor there*** instead of moving it to
signal report, which I almost never use, anyway.

Rant finished. Back to your regular program...

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin at sssnet.com