[WriteLog] CW Messages for Rover

Pat Cain K0PC k0pc at arrl.net
Tue Jan 13 09:25:37 EST 2009

Al,

I've used Writelog in MNQP for the last five years. There isn't any
way to automatically reference the current county defined in the
Parameter Setup. In spite of that I have a fairly simple & fast way
to switch counties.

You need to open the Parameter Setup window and the CW Messages
window so I assigned keyboard shortcuts to get to them fast. I use
the bracket keys [ and ]  to do this.

I go to the Parameter Setup window and select the new county. Then go
to the CW messages screen and put the county into one message buffer.
The other messages that use the county reference that buffer. My
messages are shown below.

F2: PAT %M9
F4: %B%BK0PC/%M9
F6: /%M9
F9: CRV
F10: %C PAT %M9
F11: CQ MQP K0PC/%M9

You can see that F9 contains the county name and all the other
messages reference it using %M9.

I think this is faster than reloading Writelog with a new log for
each county but I haven't tried it. One other advantage to one log is
the automatic entry of name/qth from past QSOs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

73,
Pat  K0PC