[WriteLog] SSB wav files?

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Fri Jan 16 14:52:46 EST 2009

Andrei,

Apparently you have recorded some audio wav files and saved them somewhere.
What software did you use to make the audio files?  Have you followed the
required WL naming conventions?   Audio wav files must be named "msgN.wav"
where N is the number of the F key.  If you click on an audio file does
Windows Media Player (or your default audio player) open the file and play
the audio?  One thing to be aware of is that ALL the wav files have to have
the same recording properties or some of them will not work.  WL only
handles one set of recording specs at a time and cannot mix and match
different recording specs.

Assuming the file names are correct and the recording prosperities are
consistent try this.  Instead of sending the computer audio output to the
radio input, disconnect the lead to the rig and plug in your headphones to
the computer audio out and listen if WL is playing the audio files.  Are
they playing as you expect?  Is the rig PTT being keyed?  If you can hear
the audio and the PTT is on, WL should be transmitting the audio files when
you reconnect the audio out to the radio.

If this still doesn't work please let me know and provide more info about
your audio files and rig interface.

73,
Gary AL9A