[WriteLog] WriteLog.ini and Vista

ki6dy at sbcglobal.net ki6dy at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 16:36:58 PDT 2009

Several have asked how I deal with writelog.ini and Vista so I thought I would post the solution here. See the url listed below from the writelog reflector archives. My problems originally arose when trying to install the MMTTY plugin. After figuring that out I discovered the issues with writelog.ini being in two places.

In a nutshell I must copy the contents of
C:\Windows\WRITELOG

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini
after every save configuration change.

Vistas User Control Account option to is set to OFF.

Hope this helps.

Bob (KI6DY)

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/2009-01/msg00165.html