[WriteLog] Where is WRITELOG.INI in Windows 7?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:47:29 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:

> This should be added to the FAQ <G>.  Note the "virtualstore" is a
> function of Windows' User Account Control (UAC).  As with Vista,
> turning off UAC and installing WriteLog to a directory tree OTHER
> THAN C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) will often bypass
> many of the problems older software has with Windows virtualization.

I have WriteLog installed in E:\WriteLog, but the .INI file is not
stored in the program directory, it's stored in the Windows directory.
 I would suggest Wayne change this, but no idea how many problems it
would cause.

> Note - to activate saved changes, I believe you need to manually
> copy the version of writelog.ini in your virtualstore back to
> C:\Windows before WriteLog will "see" it.

Well, that's a drag.  Thanks, Joe!

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us