[WriteLog] 10.73D and WinKeyer USB

Jim Fisher gm0nai at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 30 13:30:44 PST 2009

Hello,
I had several occurences of the same issue with the above config during CQWW CW.
The CW sending speed suddenly dropped to 5WPM although the display on Writelog was 30WPM.
Tried to adjust again with ALT F9/10 but no good.
The pot on the WinKeyer was still in the usual position and my cure was close and restart Writelog.

WinKeyer set to COM3.
CW keyer type to K1EL WinKeyer2

Radio 1 and 2 on COM1 and COM2
PC is Dell GX280 with 2nd serial port and PS2 keyboard and mouse port option.
Operating system XP pro

Not sure if this is Writelog or Winkeyer related?
Has anyone else observed any issues?

Not sure if I recall perfectly but several occassions seemed to be when I interupted the PC keying with the paddles?
Or did I hit ESC then paddle? Can't remember exactly.
Although during CQWW you seem to imagine lots of things!

73

Jim
GM0NAI / GM7R