[WriteLog] 10.73D and WinKeyer USB

hankkier at aol.com hankkier at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 14:08:39 PST 2009

I noticed that CW speed would occasionally drop down (slower, but only about 3 wpm) in the middle of sending. however I could put it right back up with F10.

I use microkeyer as interface with computer and writelog, + Icom Pro3

more serious: about 5 hours into the contest (up to then no problem), when I used a F-key (any of them) to send CW, it would start the sending sequence, but would simply stop sending letters a couple of letters into it, with the relay still in xmit. only way to proceed was to hit esc, which sent me back into rcv. then I could hit the F-key again and it usually would send normally, at least for a single F-key. if I linked back to back F-keys it might make it through one but not the next one, so I would have to esc and hit the 2nd key again, which usually worked. this drove me nuts for about 2 hours, then stopped being a problem. on the second day the same thing happened right after I restarted the radio after being off the air for sleep. but after about an hour the problem suddenly ceased and was never a problem again.

I attempted to solve it a couple of times by ending writelog and restarting the computer (and radio). this did not seem to help at all.

wonder if anyone has an idea about this?

also wonder if we are becoming too dependent on "machines" and can't handle misfortune when they don't do what they should!

Hank  KF2O