[WriteLog] Record on the fly

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Fri Oct 16 23:18:56 PDT 2009

Think I may have found the problem.  My Dell laptop has an internal Sigma
Tel sound chip for Microphone / Line In.  At the Sound window on the
Recording tab I click the Sigma Tel mic and then Properties/Advanced.  The
drop down window for setting the default sample rate and bit depth only has
4 choices - all are 2 channel, either 16 or 24 bit, and either 44100 Hz or
48000 Hz.  My default is 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz.

When I checked the Microham Headset Microphone CODEC the Properties/Advanced
tab has many more choices.  The default selected there was 1 channel, 16
bit, 44100 Hz.  I have reset this to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz to match
what the internal sound card uses.  I suspect the difference was between the
1 channel and 2 channel settings.  It's been a long day, but I will check
this out tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.  Thanks for the help.

73,
Gary AL9A