[WriteLog] Simple & compact USB>Radio Control/CW/DVK/RTTYinterface

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 30 17:51:35 PDT 2009

Don said:

This interface does not have FSK keying so I think you will have to use LSB for RTTY - I don't think AFSK works with the 765 in RTTY mode - but I may be wrong.

He is not wrong. Icoms must use FSK to use the RTTY mode. With an Icom this is a big deal because in LSB (or USB) you can not select your narrow filters.  I had  a great little interface (don't remember the brand) but it did not do FSK so I had to get one that did (Rascal) so I could invoke my 500 Hz filter.

As far as rig control, he is also correct on that one. The CI-V interface is the same for all Icoms as far as I know. The only thing that changes is the address.  This lets you run multiple Icoms on the same control buss by just addressing the radio you want to control.

Clint - W5CPT - Icom IC-756 - Rascal and a generic CI-V level convertor.