[WriteLog] Simple & compact USB>Radio Control/CW/DVK/RTTYinterface

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Oct 30 19:01:09 PDT 2009

> I don't think AFSK works with the 765 in RTTY mode - but I
> may be wrong. Check your manual (mine is 150 miles away).

None of the Icom transceivers work with AFSK in RTTY mode.  To
operate AFSK you must be in LSB (or USB) for any rig prior to
the IC-746Pro or IC-756ProII.

Icom introduced LSB-D/USB-D in the 746Pro/756ProII which, I
believe, mutes the microphone (uses the ACC jack for audio)
However, LSB-D/USB-D still uses the wide USB/LSB filters
rather than the special RTTY filters.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

PS.  If you want to avoid the "hot mic" and "windows noises"
     issues as well as have an interface that supports all
     modern computer controlled radios, your choice of Windows,
     OS-X or LINUX, and FSK (EXTFSK in MMTTY or "Software FSK"
     in RTTYRITE, pFSK with fldig), look at the microHAM USB
     Interface III: http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/USB3.html.
     The USB Interface III includes the transceiver interface
     cable and costs less than the RigBlaster Plug & Play when
     you add up all of the required cables/adapters and a
     separate USB soundcard.