[WriteLog] Problem with WriteLog and WinKey?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Sep 5 11:29:04 PDT 2009

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM, K0HB<kzerohb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Writelog-via-urouter over-rides the front panel pot.  (As far as I
> > know, it always did.)

No, Router is not overriding WriteLog.  WriteLog implements the
"pot lock" mode in WinKey and current versions of Router respect
the application's settings.

In "pot lock" mode, WinKey (and Router) reports changes in the
speed pot setting to the application.  It is the responsibility of
the application to explicitly set the WinKey CW speed.  WriteLog
sets the speed in the discrete preprogrammed steps.  The current
implementation of Router is no different than Writelog with a
K1EL WinKeyer 2 or WinKey USB alone.

> Write Log (at the bottom) now says 24 WPM, but the actual speed
> coming out of the keyer jumps by several WPM.  There's a disconnect
> somewhere between the speed that Write Log reports, and the one
> it's actually sending at.

CW speed is responsibility of the application.  Enable the WinKey
monitor in Router to see what the WriteLog is sending to the
WinKey.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV