[WriteLog] Writelog & microHAM compatibility question

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sat Sep 12 23:22:18 PDT 2009

I was surfing around recently and found a description of Writelog
modifications by version number.  Low and behold something caught my eye in
v10.65 which said there was preliminary support for the MK2R box.  Nothing
mentioned about it again after that (a year ago).  Add to this, recent
Writelog reflector traffic about an Alt-V (or Ctrl-V?) character only used
for MK2R control.  Evidently there have been attempts to implement the
microHAM protocol. Has it succeeded?

Obviously I'm missing something (again .. as usual).  Any knowledge about
this would be greatly appreciated. Now running XP, UserPort doesn't seem to
work on this machine so I can't use LPT control.  If there's any way to dump
the stupid LPT cable, I'd really like to know about it.  I'm still using
10.67b but I'd be happy to upgrade if this is really working now.  OK, yes
.. I already know switching to WinTest solves this problem, but it won't
support CQP so it's obviously not ready for "prime time".

Tks & 73,  Alan  AD6E