[WriteLog] MMTTY Plug-In issue

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Apr 10 21:32:40 PDT 2010

The plug-in is not aware of the Vista/Windows 7 User Account Control
and the virtual directory structure.

UAC prevents any user except the "hidden" Administrator account
from writing to the C:\Windows and C:\Program Files directories.
If a normal user attempts to write to those directories (which
the plug-in does when installing) the writes are redirected to
a virtual directory locates in the user's data area.

Although it is not recommended by Microsoft, I routinely turn off
User Account Control and install all of my ham software in a
separate directory (C:\Ham Programs) to avoid the Microsoft
"nanny" controls.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV