[WriteLog] Win 7 and Writelog

KD3TB idarack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 07:01:00 PST 2010

I am running Writelog on both a 32 bit (desk top) and 64 bit (laptop) Win 7
computers with no problems. Our VE2DXY team during CQWW ran Writelog on two
64 bit computers (one running Vista and the other running Win 7). We had no
trouble networking both computers and in running Writelog.

When you install Writelog, install as Administrator and set it up to run as
Administrator. This is easy to do and only has to be set up once. Also, Win
7 will place your Contest, Wave Files, etc. in your Users/Documents sub
directory and  depending upon your win 7 set up, you may have to update the
editing rights to your writelog.ini file. My radio is an Elecraft K3 and I
key everything using a USB/Serial converter (FDTI chip set). I no longer use
the parallel port. I also have dual monitors.

If you need help, send me an email.

Regards, Irwin KD3TB