[WriteLog] WL V10.74J

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Tue Jan 5 15:04:43 PST 2010

Somehow I must have missed the announcement of the release of V10.74J - just
found it today on the WL downloads page.  I installed the new version ok and
read the Update History to see what was new.  Much to my surprise and
delight it shows there is now a menu entry for the IC-7600.  Sure enough,
when I went to Ports and clicked on the rigs list the IC-7600 is now shown.

Unfortunately, the actual driver appears not to have full functionality, at
least for operating split.  Typing a new frequency in the call field will
QSY the 7600 ok.  However, when you type "-" to open the split frequency box
and type in the split frequency the radio is set to Split, but the Sub VFO
frequency remains unchanged!  To get to the actual split frequency you must
hit the MAIN/SUB button to put the focus on the Sub VFO and then tune with
the knob!  Even worse, if the Sub VFO is on another band the split command
sets Split, but the Sub VFO remains on the different band!  In other words
Split is set, but the frequency remains unchanged regardless of the Sub VFO
band or mode.  Not terribly useful!  Typing "-" to bring up the split
command window and hitting Enter does clear Split as it should.  Because of
this problem I am leaving my radio setting in the Ports area set to the
IC-7800 with a command line in the [RIGS] section changing the IC-7800 hex
address to 7A for the IC-7600.  This works much better than the IC-7600
driver in V10.74J.

A potentially more useful function in the updated version is the addition of
a new Keyboard Shortcut command:  EntryUndoWipedQso.  This command is now
available in the shortcut commands list and can be programmed to any
available unused key.  This command can be used to undo an inadvertent
"wipe" of the QSO information before it is logged or complete.  I have added
this shortcut command to the GRAVE key, the one just below the Esc key that
prints as `.  Another neat addition is if the keyboard focus is on the log
window, the mouse wheel will now scroll the log!

Thanks for the update Wayne, but please take a look at that IC-7600 rig
driver!

73,
Gary AL9A