[WriteLog] K3 / MK2R+ / Writelog Troubles

Bud Trench aa3b.bud at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 16:49:23 PDT 2010

I purchased a K3 and am having troubles integrating it with Writelog and my
MK2R+.  Here is the configuration:

Writelog 10.76H
microHam USB Device Router 7.6.1
MK2R+ FW 5.6
XP OS
K3 FW 3.97

The problem is that communication is lost with the K3 shortly after
initializing Writelog.  The loss of communication occurs after a random
period of time.  I get a flashing BUSY light when the problem starts.

When the problem starts, I can go to USB Device Router Ports Tab, activate
the CAT SET button and see that communication with VFO A has been lost,
which is also the operating VFO.  Communication continues with VFO B.

Killing Writelog resolves the problem.

The K3 is connected to COM2.  I tried changing the USB Router CAT to COM4,
along with Writelog, but I got the same communication problem.

Any recommendations?

73 Bud AA3B