[WriteLog] FSK in MMTTY Plug-in on COM1 != MMTTY v1.66G standalone

Larry 'Rebar' Rebarchik - N6CCH rebar at hamilton.com
Fri May 7 13:00:41 PDT 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:20:38 -0700 (PDT), "k6ufo at arrl.net"
wrote:
> Hi Rebar,
>
> I know other people have FSK or AFSK working with Writelog and their K3,
> so its just a setting somewhere...
>
> Why do you want "sound" if you're trying to run FSK?

It is the third button to select FSK under the MISC tab in MMTTY options.
What I find interesting is that the TX tab in the MMTTY options under WL
does not include the PTT&FSK frame, as well as the MACRO frame.

I am using the latest version of WL as well, maybe something is broken
with it's ability to read all the options from MMTTY??

> If the FSK buttons are grey you have "AFSK" set somewhere.
> Do you have "MMTTY" selected instead of "Sound Board AFSK"
> in the window "60 WPM Baudot - Rttyrite"
> in the menu "TU Type" ???
>
> Did you install the latest MMTTY plug-in for Writelog? Might not hurt to
> reinstall?

Yes, a couple of times.

> Can you get FSK working with any other radio (Yaesu MkV?)

FSK works with MMTTY in standalone mode. I do not have another radio to
test with this interface at my QTH.

--
73 de N6CCH aka Rebar