[WriteLog] Intermittent garbage keyed [Was: SSCW 2010 K0HB]

Matt Atwood we1h at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 02:24:11 PST 2010

I had the same problem at my station.  I use a laptop with 2 USB serial
ports (rig control and CW) and a PC Card Serial connection (RTTY).  I
switched my CW interface from a USB port to the PC Card Serial connection
and the problem stopped completely.  It never happened with my general
logging program though, but then again, I don't send a lot of CW from that
software, I use a key instead.  I can only assume it was one of two
things...  RF in the cabling for the USB port or some type of comm problem.
I did not use any serial port monitoring software to solve this, but that
might be an interesting project to see if it can be determined where the
problem actually is.

73,

Matt, WE1H
Colchester, VT