[WriteLog] Can't choose "ComTxD(FSK) in WL's MTTY!!

Ray Day rayday at cox.net
Tue Nov 9 20:36:09 PST 2010

Hi guys,

Help! Last RTTY test was run with WL in FSK mode, nothing special set
up, all "normal - as you would expect the settings to be." WAE RTTY
coming, and I'll know how to do QTC's for the first time - I'm stoked!

BUT NOW, as I am setting things up, I can only choose "Sound" in the
MISC Tab of the embedded WL-plugin MMTTY Option / Setup screen.
"ComTxD(FSK)" is greyed out.

Using WL 10.79 (Aug 2010) and the WL-recommended MMTTY version for
use inside WL installed earlier - and it seemed happy with WL. Worked
fine last time.

FYI:
1. Rig (Omni VII) is controllable from the little panel to the left
of the entry window (thru COM2). Works fine.
2. COM2 properly selected in WL Setup / Ports; FSK selected in window
(in 1 above), freq on rig shows up OK.
3. Rttyrite window shows:
   a. TU type: MMTTY
     1. (Sound Board AFSK not checked)
     1. (Sound Board FSK not checked)
   b. Mode: 45 baud Baudot
   c. Port: COM3 and Software generated TxD FSK
4. Pushing a message F key has rig go to TX with power level as set
on rig steady carrier, no shift: no "+" in the MMTTY XY Scope, no
diddles heard in rig monitor on tx. Carrier, no FSK going on.
5. All this is consistent, it seems to me, with what would happen if
in the MMTTY Setup Misc tab ComTxD(FSK) were not checked, which of
course it isn't because it's greyed out. Arrggghhhh....

All seems as it was and should be, but I can't select ComTxD(FSK) on
the MMTTY Setup Misc tab.

Any thoughts?

TIA and 73,
Ray N6HE