[WriteLog] Thanks to the Group!

Bob-WB2COY wb2coy at hvc.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 06:43:13 PST 2010

With the impending WAE RTTY contest this past weekend, I finally decided to move my Amateur Radio operations over to my new Win7 64-bit computer. I have been putting this off and limping along on my old Win-XP machine because of the many war stories I have read about on this and other forums. I have been keeping notes on what other folks have run into, and how they resolved issues with the operating system, and it seemed like I should be able to make it all work. Last week, I installed WriteLog, MMTTY, and the 64-bit drivers for my Navigator USB Interface and did some preliminary testing. Thanks to the information gleaned from the forums, everything went smoothly, with no major problems! I did my usual casual operation during the WAE contest and WriteLog performed without a hitch, including a lot more QTC traffic than I have done in past contests.  Thanks, everybody for posting your problems and solutions to this and other forums. It saved me a lot of headaches, I’m sure. I also successfully installed and have running a bunch of other Ham related software, where I used the same techniques learned here for installation.

73, Bob – WB2COY