[WriteLog] Packet TNC Issue

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:55:36 PST 2010

Hello to the group,

Am hoping someone will know if there is a writelog.ini issue or what it is I may need to do here
concerning use of my MFJ-1274 tnc with our club's robust rf cluster node for spotting.

History is that I have been using Writelog 10.72 for a long time with no issues ever with the mfj tnc on 2m.

I built a new machine and just installed 10.82a just in time for SS Phone but I am only seeing gibberish on the screen when I start the tnc.
First thing I tried was the normal approach with Ctrl/C which resulted in no changes.
I closed WL and fired up Hyperterminal, hyperterminal sees the characters perfectly, the TNC is in CMD mode as it should be the whole time.
Only once after trying hyperterminal and going top WL did it behave and show the start up characters when I turned on the tnc.

OS is XP Pro, machine has standard db9 comm ports. Both new and old machines were XP Pro in fact.

My preference is to use the rf cluster as it is VERY rf immune with all the toroid chokes and bandpass cavity on the 2m rig I have installed.
The telnet has dumped a few times when running high power on 15m mainly beside, It helps keep the rf cluster up for our fringe area users
of the cluster to get cluster data without needing to be connected.

Any thoughts?
I have been a dyed in the wool Writelog believer ever since my buds changed from CT DOS, I followed along and have not looked back.
I really need this to work like the old machine.
Maybe I need to change a comm port setting in windows device mgr?

Also, hope I worked a bunch of you in SS (Ph or CW)

73'
Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/