[WriteLog] Live Score feeding from Writelog

Magnus Aronsson sm6wet at telia.com
Mon Oct 11 10:54:39 PDT 2010

Hello

It is now more then 2 weeks and nobody seem to have a answer for me so I
have found out more for myself.

I dont know if Writelog has this feature I am going to show because I have
not found it but it is on my wishlist for coming versions.

I would like the possibility that if one so chooses, there should be the
possibility to save a "scorefile.txt" in the folder where one has the log
saved.

The textfile for the contest should look something like this below. This is
from passed weekends SAC SBB by the way.

 1.8        mode       0       0       0
 3.5        mode     133     270      31
  7         mode     220     460      49
  14        mode     353     875      41
  21        mode     106     294      22
  28        mode       5      13       4
Total       mode     817    1912     147
Score       mode  281064

What when then do is to use a FTP program, for example WinSCP (which is
free) to keep a look on that "scorefile" and every time there is a change,
that is, every time you log a QSO, it sends this file to the website.

If you check out www.sk6aw.net you can see examples of how it looked this
passed weekend when SK6AW, SM6U and myself worked SAC SSB Contest. Every
time there was a change in the log the "score file" was altered, the WinSCP
sent the file to the website and people could keep live track on how we were
doing in the contest by just updating the website.

How SM6U have done the website is another deal, but from a contest logging
perspectice I think this could be interesting.

73 de Magnus SM6WET