[WriteLog] UPGRADE CW DECODER - Is it Possible ?

Gedking at aol.com Gedking at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 17:40:45 PDT 2010

I used to teach Novice classes and I had a hard time convincing my students
 to forget dots and dashes and learn the sound of each character and then
whole  words. starting with simple ones like - .... . (the). I had one
student who  persisted in sending N N  MA' s  LOL, but before the class was  over
Each had a chance to make a QSO with another Ham over the air. his first
QSO. I would have them copy each practice run and all at once I would say OK
put  your name and address on your paper and bring it up. I had another ham
correct  it and I would call out the names of those who just passed their
Novice code  test. It worked great. No tension the pass rate was very good.
some times they  would pass the test while making the QSO. Surprise Suprise.

ED K8OT