[WriteLog] WAE & QTCs

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Fri Sep 10 13:07:55 PDT 2010

I'm setting up WL for my first WAE contest and have a problem with the
sending of the QTC messages.  According to the WL Help section on the WAE
Contest in the "Send QTC Dialog" the following is supposed to occur:

"The QRV? button transmits the QTC group/count followed by the SHIFT+F11
message."  This works ok.

"The Xmit QTCs button transmits the group/count, followed by each of the QTC
messages, followed by the SHIFT+F10 message."  This is not working
correctly.  Instead of transmitting the SHIFT+F10 message WL is sending the
SHIFT+F11 message.

"The QSL? button transmits the SHIFT+F10 message."  Again, WL sends the
SHIFT+F11 message instead of the SHIFT+F10 message.

The SHIFT+F10 message <msg20.wav> is recorded correctly and plays correctly
with Windows Media player.  It is in the correct location with the other
messages for this contest.  Is there a writelog.ini parameter I'm missing?
Why does WL only send the SHIFT+F11 message on all the different Send QTC
buttons?

73,
Gary AL9A