[WriteLog] FSK via WL/MMTTY

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Sep 19 22:01:29 PDT 2010

Hi Dick,

Don't worry about the UserPara error message.  That has been talked to death
on the reflector, but with no solution yet.  See the archives if you want to
follow the whole string.  That is not the cause of your inability to
generate FSK with WL/MMTTY.

I have a microHAM microKEYER II as my interface device so am unfamiliar with
the RigExpert Plus product.  The microHAM products use a software package
called the Router that sets up all the interface parameters between the
computer, the radio and the MK II.  One thing that has to be set for FSK to
work is that the FSK port must be the same in both Rittyrite and the
microHAM Router.  I am also using COM6 as my FSK port and do not use the
Software Generated FSK via TxD setting.  Check the RigExpert Plus manual
about port assignment for FSK.  If you have a different port assigned in the
RigExpert, try making it the same as your Rittyrite port.

One other thing to check is in the MMTTY plug-in settings.  On the MMTTY
Control Panel click on Option(O)/Setup(O)...  On the Misc tab there is an
area on the left side called "Device Identifiers" and a box for RX and
another for TX.  These are for assigning your soundcard device numbers.
They must be correct.  Click on the SoundCard tab to see a list of your
soundcard devices.  One side is for Reception, the other for Transmission.
The lists are not numbered, but the order is 0,1,2,3, etc.  So the first
item in the list is device 0, the second item is device 1, etc.  Make sure
the Misc tab has the correct device identifier numbers.

73,
Gary AL9A