[WriteLog] Erratic CW - it's baaack!

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 19:16:50 PDT 2011

Different issues from what I think must be the same problem.

I tracked my bogging down of the entire OS and computer to spots.  It
was happening slowly and I realized as spots were populating the band
map and being checked in the background the computer continued to slow.
The spot rate was not fast either.  I shut the spot feed off, and as the
spots aged out, each 30 minutes after they had come in, the CPU got
faster and faster until all the spots were gone and things were back to
normal.

Got private email from others with the same problem....something got
broken about 3 versions ago.  I'm on 10.83.

Hal N4GG