[WriteLog] RigExpert TI-5 Audio Setup Problem with IC-756ProIII Windows Vista Home Premium

Chuck w5pr at swbell.net
Thu Dec 8 17:04:19 PST 2011

I just got the RigExpert TI-5 and can't figure out how to get audio through it from the mic plugged into the back of the TI-5 to the rig. CW and CAT functions are ok. It will record off the air.  The instructions say: "In the sound card software, select the USB Audio Codec sound card." When I go into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound I have a record and playback buttons which both show USB Audio CODEC working. I have set the Writelog sound manager to USB Codec. I get no audio from the mic to the rig. I am hoping to make this work with Writelog as a DVK. What am I missing? I don't have to use the foot switch, do I?

Thanks!

Chuck W5PR