[WriteLog] SO2V with K3

John Graf wa6l at mac.com
Mon Dec 12 11:48:23 PST 2011

The more recent versions of Writelog offer an SO2V option with the K3.  I decided to give it a try this weekend during the ARRL 10M contest.

Setup was straightforward.  You enter the K3 twice in the Ports setup, both with the same comm port.  Then you select "number of radios" as two.

I did encounter one problem.  When focus is shifted to the second receiver, none of the CW messages would send.  After shifting back to the main receiver, the CW messages came back.

I am using a K1EL Winkeyer (WKUSB).  When focus is on the second receiver, the Winkeyer is basically inoperative.  Even the buttons no longer send CW (which would have been a work-around).  Once I shut down Writelog, I could manually go to the second receiver using the Split controls, and the Winkeyer worked fine.  So the problem is definitely something that Writelog is doing.

This is either a bug in 10.90 or a user error.  I am hoping for the latter.  Anyone seen this or similar problems?  Any suggestions?

Thanks and 73,

John, WA6L