[WriteLog] SO2V with K3

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Mon Dec 12 12:30:40 PST 2011

Hi, John!

I have been using the WriteLog SO2V feature with the K3 since it appeared in
the code and there have been no issues.  I'm very pleased with the way it
works.  For the 10-Meter Contest this weekend, I used the WinKey built in to
a microHAM u2R and WriteLog 11.01e, but nothing to do with this changed from
10.90.  In the 10-Meter RTTY Contest the previous weekend, I used the
WriteLog SO2V K3 feature with two homemade FSK/PTT interfaces on separate
Com ports, one for each Rttyrite window for its respective VFO.  The two
interfaces connect together with a Y-adapter cable at the K3 ACC jack.

When you're setup for SO2V in WriteLog, do you still have keying if you
simply put the K3 into SPLIT mode without changing focus in WriteLog?
Which exact WinKey model do you have and which keyer menu choice did you
select in WriteLog?  Send me a screen capture of your WriteLog Ports window
... maybe I'm overlooking something obvious in the setup.

73,
Ed - W0YK
Ed Muns
www.w0yk.com