[WriteLog] Cabrillo File Problem - ARRL 10 Meter Contest

Backup Assistant w0YK at MSN.COM
Sat Dec 24 14:50:16 PST 2011

Do you have CallPrefix set to V2 in wtitelog.uni?

I always get a registration key for each call I use, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

Ed - W0YK

Dan Levin <dan at andlev.com> wrote:

I am either confused, or doing something wrong.

My copy of Writelog is registered to my home call, K6IF

I operated the ARRL 10 meter contest from Antigua, using my Antiguan call, V25R.

When I ask Writelog to save a Cabrillo file for the contest, it writes
a file that has DX in the place where my serial # should go. So each
QSO line looks like this:

QSO: 28430 PH 2011-12-10 0000 V25R 59 DX LP1H 59 1

The robot doesn't like that, I assume that it wants my serial # where "DX" is.

Of course, the robot's feedback isn't very useful ;-) It says:

*** Informative Messages from the Contest Robot ***

[X] FYI: A sample QSO line for ARRL-10 looks like this:

[X] QSO: 28400 PH 2011-12-10 0110 V25R 59 DX PU2LEP 59
Line ignored.
I do not recognize '' as a valid element of the exchange.

[X] QSO: 28574 PH 2011-12-10 1521 V25R 59 DX CA3SOC 59