[WriteLog] WinKey driver choppy CW

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Mon Feb 21 14:33:06 PST 2011

P40L (W6LD and W0YK) ran 10.84d with a message '%C <<ENN^K>>' and WinKey2
version 2.3 in ARRL DX CW this past weekend.  We had some delays in this
message when first loading WriteLog, but when we went into Setup/Ports and
simply clicked 'OK', the problem went away.

The other CW sending problem was when WriteLog was saving the log which it
seemed to do consistently when our TU message was being sent (simply our
call sign 'P40L') and the 'P40' was sent followed by a 2-second delay for
the log loading, then the 'L'.  This could have been avoided by disabling
the auto-save log.

Ed - P49X (W0YK)