[WriteLog] WAE QTC's

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Nov 14 12:46:30 PST 2011

Don,

This has been an issue with repeating QTC forever. There is no PTT OFF
as there is when they are normally being transmitted. Sure would be nice
for a fix. I had to turn the audio way up (as the rtty monitor volume on
my FT2000 is way too weak) to hear the diddle so I would know when to
press Escape. If you chain them together (send twice) you do get a CR.

Boy, 10m was a blast.

Jerry, W6IHG

On 11/14/2011 4:16 AM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
> Just got email after the contest so don't know if this has been addressed.
>
> In your message "QSL MY QTC?", be sure to put a %R at the beginning of his message.  This will force a LF/CR at the start.  It's a
> GREAT idea to put %R  at the start of nearly all messages.  The only messages you would not start with %R would be ones that are
> used to append to other messages.  Also, good to put a space at the end of all messages before putting the %E to end the message.
>
> I had what I think is a problem with QTCs but not sure.  When someone asked for a repeat, the only way to send a repeat was to click
> on the QTC in the QTC window.  This works great except I could only end the transmission using the ESC key.  It didn't end
> automatically.  I thought pressing ALT+1 or the 1 key should resend QTC #1, etc,  as it says in the Help file. Or perhaps not on
> RTTY?  Maybe this is the way I always had to do it.  I just don't remember because of a case of CRS.
>
> 73, Don AA5AU
> http://www.aa5au.com
> http://www.rttycontesting.com

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs