[WriteLog] Is there anyone that still requires Windows 98 support in WriteLog?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Sep 22 14:23:56 PDT 2011

> The plan for WriteLog development is that Windows 98 support is going
> to disappear "soon". Is there anyone that will have a problem with
> that?

Microsoft support for Windows 98 ended five years ago (July 11, 2006).
I think you have supported Windows 98 for far longer than necessary.

Even Windows XP and Windows 2000 are getting a bit long in the tooth.
Mainstream support for Windows XP ended on April 14, 2009 with extended
support scheduled to end on April 8, 2014.  Support for Windows 2000
ended a year ago - on July 13, 2010.

I hate to be the one to say it, but perhaps it is time to abandon any
support for the 16-bit API and direct hardware support.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV