[WriteLog] Server Busy error messages

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Feb 19 21:03:27 PST 2012

Well, today the occasional Server Busy error messages gave me a few fits.
When I first started WL on Friday for the start of the ARRL DX CW contest I
got the Server Busy message before I could even get WL up and going!  I shut
it down and restarted without a problem.  It ran ok Friday night and all day
Sat.  This morning I suddenly started getting the Server Busy messages in
spades!  At least three different windows with error messages opened up and
WL locked up.  I tried hitting the various buttons on the error message
windows and they suddenly closed leaving WL functional again.

This happened about three times in a short span of time.  The final time I
couldn't close the Server Busy windows by clicking on the Reset buttons and
WL locked up.  I had to bring up Task Manager and forcibly shut each one
down one at a time, then completely close WL and do a restart.  Needless to
say the folks in the pile up I was running became frustrated, as did I, and
by the time I got it up and running again everyone had moved on to greener
pastures!  Fortunately the error messages did not come back again through
the end of the contest.

I'm running V11.01F on a Vista laptop.  I was connected to the VE7CC-1
cluster via Lee's CC User software.  Because it was a CW contest there was a
constant flow of spots from the various skimmer locations.  I've had these
windows pop up from time to time, but today they seemed to be unusually
persistent.  Has anyone else noticed an increase in these Server Busy error
messages since the release of V11.01F?  Any clues as to what is causing the
message to trigger?  Even more important, how do we stop this from
happening?

73,
Gary AL9A