[WriteLog] WriteLog country files

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 9 17:29:08 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Steve K7AWB <k7awbgoog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim AD1C
>
> In your new country files, you show:
>
> N7ZYS is Alaska, KL
>
> I thought that you had to put on a /KL7 to your continental USA call if you
> are up there?

There is no requirement to do so as far as I know.

A few months back, I wrote an application to count how many USA calls
(like the N7 example above) were assigned to places like KH6, KL7,
etc. and how many KH6, KL7 etc. calls were assigned to the lower-48.
Something like 25K out of 1.1M FCC entries were in this class.  Do
they all sign portable from the DXCC entity they are operating from?
I doubt it.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us