[WriteLog] Windows 7 Audio Delay?

Rick Tavan rick at tavan.com
Sat Mar 3 20:46:47 PST 2012

Has anyone using Windows 7 experienced and then fixed the annoying delay between speaking into the mic and getting sound out of the sound card to drive a tx? It's totally unacceptable for contesting, forcing me to record messages before a contest and then connect the mic directly to the rigs rather than through the PC. I suspect many don't have the problem because they serendipitously have the right combination of magic settings. But maybe someone had the problem and figured it out. Please enlighten me! I know it's possible because karaoke programs do the same thing. But I haven't been able to get real-time audio through the system.

Thanks,

/Rick N6XI