[WriteLog] Server Busy message

Mark Klocksin mpklocksin at ameritech.net
Mon Mar 19 13:02:31 PDT 2012

I'm wondering if this has to do with "stuff" that can bog down computers after a while.  Things like neglected routine maintenance such as defragmenting the hard drive, using disc cleanup, possibly having outdated software, having too little memory, infections from viruses and malware, not enough room left on your hard drive,  etc.   Reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows would clean most of these up.

Another good practice is to be sure your virtual memory ("paging file") is turned on.  This may change based on your OS.  In Vista and Windows 7, you can just type "Virtual Memory" in the search box and the system will show you a link.  Here are the instructions for Windows XP Professional:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_advancd_perform_change_vmpagefile.mspx?mfr=true

Finally, there are many utility programs available.  I use CCleaner and Malwarebytes occasionally and these seem to do a fine job.

My computer is an 11 year-old HP tower.  I recall seeing this frustrating "server busy" message occasionally.  But I haven't seen it for about 2 years since I started using these tools about 2 years ago.

73, Mark WA9IVH