[WriteLog] I can't setup my rigg in WriteLog

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Nov 20 22:19:00 EST 2012

> Im sitting here in my radioschack and looking at the software and I
 > can't find my rigg listed in the software - don't your software
 > support the IC-9100? If not - can I use some other rigg from ICOM
 > in the software instead so I can get my combination to work?

This answer - like so many others - is in the Writelog help file.  I
strongly suggest you *read the manual*!

See INI file options, [RIGS] paragraph.  Define the rig as something
*close* to the 9100 - typically the IC-7600 - and the override the
default address with the 9100 address:

> The following entries override WriteLog’s default setting for the
> Icom rig address for the various Icom rigs. All rigs that have Icom
> rig addresses have corresponding entries in WriteLog.ini here under
> the name that matches the name in the Setup Ports dialog including
> space characters!
>
> Icom IC-781=0x33
 > Icom IC-756PRO=0x12

Additional information is available from the K9JY web site:
    www.k9jy.com
and AA5AU's RTTY Contesting site:
    www.rttycontesting.com

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 11/17/2012 8:18 AM, Mikael Karlsson wrote:
> Hello good afternoon from Sweden
>
> I bought your software (WriteLog Full V11.07) with registration
> SM0LPO
(software registration key g8D7vmks64xp8) and I have some problem and
perhaps you could be able to help me with them?

> I have bought a brand new ICOM IC-9100 transceiver and was planning
run the cqwwcw contest next weekend. I would like to use my keyboard on
my computer (windows 7) to run your software (transmit morse-code
through keyboard).

> Im sitting here in my radioschack and looking at the software and I
can't find my rigg listed in the software - don't your software support
the IC-9100? If not - can I use some other rigg from ICOM in the
software instead so I can get my combination to work?

> Im also would like to run my rigg and your software WriteLog V11.07
together with my interface SignaLink USB (I'm using windows 7 on my
"radio computer"). Is that possible? I know that the SignaLink is
working on CW under the mode usb-D on my rigg. But I can't find any
information in the software manual how I do to run my equipment together
with your software. Please can you help me?

> I also have the RigExpert´s Tiny CI-V-3 here in my schack … would it
possible to use this equipment together with your software instead of my
SignaLink USB? Would that be easier?

> A third possible way to work … Im also having the digital master 780
in combination with HamRadioDeluxe in my radioschack and through the
digital master 780 Im able to run cw on the mcw mode - can I combined
the digital master function in HRD instead with your software so I can
be able to run the contest in cw?

> Sorry if my english isn't so good and I really hope that you could
understand my questions. I was planning to call you but my english is so
very poor and I can't really talk english with a person over the phone
consurning this kind of issues … so I hope it is okey for you that Im
using the mail instead.

> Hope that you can answer my questions because Im looking forward to
run the contest together with your software - I have been QRT for about
20 years and have now became QRV again on the bands :)

Best regards and 73´s