[WriteLog] cw and decoder

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Tue Oct 30 19:10:03 EDT 2012

Roger,

On the WL CW PTT tab check the button for "On LPT pin 16/COMM RTS".  If
memory serves me correctly WL keys CW via RTS.

As for the WL CW decoder, what decoder are you trying to use?  There are two
different ones.  Window/RTTY Window brings up the Rittyrite window which is
the main CW decode window for many WL users.  If you look at the name of the
window when it opens on the top blue bar it says "CW - Rittyrite".  It can
be configured to decode either CW or RTTY.  The other CW decoder is at
Window/CW Display.  This is a multi-channel decoder that scrolls decoded
text horizontally on multiple channels.  I find it hard to read and not
nearly as versatile as the Rittyrite window.  This decoder window shows two
different receive windows in case your sound card does stereo.  Or you can
restrict it to only one side of the sound card audio channel - you'll need
to check the Help manual as I don't recall how to do it offhand.

As I said before, the Rittyrite window is much more useful.  Set the Port to
None, Mode to CW and TU type to Sound Board AFSK.  If your line in is
connected correctly from the micro keyer it should start showing random
gibberish characters.  Tune in a CW transmission and see if it decodes
correctly.  Good luck

73,
Gary AL9A