[WriteLog] cw and decoder

Roger jrwise at hbci.com
Tue Oct 30 18:28:35 EDT 2012

  I am using windows OS 7.  Writelog version 11.06a  July 2012.
Interface is a microHam keyer  USB DEVICE ROUTER 8.1.14 April 18, 2012.
Rig is Ten Tec Omni VII
The microham  and writelog reads the freq. ok and also the mode.  For some reason I cannot get it to key the rig and also the cw decoder will not work at all.
I have set up the microham with Dx4win and flidgi and it works fine.  Works psk-31 and other modes on these two.
Writelog is the problem big time. Here is the setting from microham router.
  PORTS page-----CAT  com 5
PTT-----com5
Winkey---com2  both of these com ports show the red and green arrows and is open.

AUDIO SWITCHING page
cw—AAA
voice---ACA
digital---BBB

PTT page
cw----QSK
voice---PT1 Microhpone
fsk-----PTT2 REAR PANEL JACK
Pa checked  Lna checked

WRITELOG SET UP
Ports page
Ports rig Ten Tec Omni VII com 5 Baud 57600  comptt no
COM 2 CW
DVK windows sound
CW Keyer K1EL

CW PTT Page
none(e.g qsk) checked.

When I plug the key into the rear jack on the microham it will show a red light flicking.  Also when I hit a function key it will also show a red light flicking.  It seems to be sending a message but will not key the rig.

Under WriteLog program at the start up (edit the ini file) I changed the cwpttcontrol under ports from 0 to 2.  Still did not work.  I changed it to 5 same thing. Change it back to 0 still not keying the rig.  I know there must be just some simple setting I am not getting.  I followed the routers instructions from Microham for WriteLog  on how to set it up.  It worked with Dx4win and fldigi but not with writeLog.

My writelog sound mixer control settings are.
XMIT FROM PC------SPEAKERS ( CONEXANT HD AUDIO)
DVK mic--------Rear line in (CONEXANT HD AUDIO)
REC TO PS-----Rear line in  (CONEXANT HD AUDIO)
AUDIO REVIEW-----SPEAKERS (CONEXANT HD AUDIO)

This is all I have for information on the problem.  The cw decoder will not show but will work with psk and fldigin two different programs works great.  It will also key fine with these two programs.  Writelog seems to be the problem.  It will read and it will take the spots off of the band map and change freq ok.  CW seems to be the BIG  problem.
Must be some help out there with this set up.
Thanks in advance Rog