[WriteLog] Keyboard short cuts

Rick Tavan N6XI rtavan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:17:03 EDT 2012

I use F12=RadioAntennaToAzimuth. Works great and is my primary means of
turning my beam.

Although I don't use them, there is a good set of RadioHeadphonesXXX
functions including Latch, Normal and Split and the Toggle varieties
thereof.

The dynamics of Setup | Keyboard Shortcuts are a bit obtuse but once you
figure it out, it's usable. I usually click Next Key Pressed, then hit a
key (which can be a simple keystroke or a compound one using Ctl or Alt or
Shift), then select from the bottom drop-down list which is pretty
comprehensive. Note that some keys generate different codes on different
keyboards and can cause problems when changing keyboards. Avoid them. The
alphabet, F-keys and common punctuation are usually consistent across
models.

You can also set these things up using writelog.ini. All the standard keys
get defined here as well as those that you set up. My favorite non-standard
assignments are in *bold*. Here is the complete list from my file:

[KeyboardShortcuts]
BACKSLASH=EditUndoLastQSO
*F12=RadioAntennaToAzimuth*
Alt+K=ToolsCWToggleKeyboard
ESCAPE=MessageAbortTransmission
Alt+F10=CWFaster
Shift+Alt+F10=CWFaster2ndRadio
Alt+F09=CWSlower
Shift+Alt+F09=CWSlower2ndRadio
Shift+PAGEDOWN=CWLigherWeighting
Shift+PAGEUP=CWHeavierWeighting
F10=Message10
Shift+F10=MessageShift10
Shift+F11=MessageShift11
F02=Message02
Shift+F02=MessageShift02
F03=Message03
Shift+F03=MessageShift03
F04=Message04
Shift+F04=MessageShift04
F05=Message05
Shift+F05=MessageShift05
F06=Message06
Shift+F06=MessageShift06
F07=Message07
Shift+F07=MessageShift07
F08=Message08
Shift+F08=MessageShift08
F09=Message09
Shift+F09=MessageShift09
Alt+C=RTTYCallQueue
Ctrl+G=EntryGotoMatchingQSO
Alt+G=EntrySendNetworkGab
Alt+L=RTTYForceLTRS
Ctrl+N=EditGetsFocus
Alt+N=EditInsertTextAnnotation
Ctrl+P=EntryGetsFocus
Ctrl+Q=EditLogMarkQsoForQsl
Ctrl+T=EntrySendPacketSpot
Alt+T=EntrySetupTimedCQ
END=EntryFocusAndEnd
Ctrl+F01=BandsModeNext
Alt+F01=BandsBandDown
Ctrl+F02=BandsModePrevious
Alt+F02=BandsBandUp
Alt+F03=EntrySendPacketSpot
Alt+F08=EntryClear
HOME=EntryFocusAndHome
MULTIPLY=RadioClearRIT
NUMPAD1=EntryGotoNextMultDownBandmap
NUMPAD7=EntryGotoNextMultUpBandmap
Alt+W=EntryClear
Ctrl+X=RadioHeadphonesLatch
Ctrl+Y=EditKeyboardSelectQso
Ctrl+S=FileSave
Ctrl+V=EditPaste
Shift+DELETE=EditCut
Ctrl+ESCAPE=EditCancel
F01=Message11
Shift+F01=MessageShift11
F11=EntryClear
Alt+F04=EntryGrabPacketSpot
Ctrl+C=MessageAbortTransmission
*COMMA=EntryKbdFocusDownNoPhones*
*PERIOD=EntryKbdXmitFocusDown*
*SEMICOLON=Message08*
*APOSTROPHE=Message09*

GL,

/Rick

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Bob Henderson <bob.5b4agn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just upgraded to V11 and feeling my way around.
>
> Is there a way to assign keyboard short cuts to:
>
> Antenna to azimuth based upon prefix in call field?
>
> Headphones Split/ Headphones Normal
>
> OR do I have to use the mouse for these?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob, 5B4AGN

Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA