[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 124, Issue 1 (Frustration with XMMT)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 1 16:58:33 EDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 4:45 PM, Don AA5AU wrote:
> Unfortunately, as Ed mentioned, there is no way to control NET when
> using AFSK. NET is always on. This makes 2Tone basically unusable in
> the main Rttyrite window when running AFSK. I tried it and it's not
> anything nice. However, MMTTY can still be run in the main Rttyrite
> window and 2Tone can be used in a cloned window when running AFSK.

I concur with Don's assessment with regard to 2Tone and "NET" with
AFSK.  However, if one ignores the AFSK output and uses 2Tone as a
second decoder along side MMTTY or with FSK (by whatever means) the
Net status is unimportant since 2Tone's AFC is limited to +/- 60 Hz
which never leaves the receive frequency too far from zero beat.

With AFSK, this can be an issue when "running" as there is no way to
reset the tones to default with each new QSO - meaning a series of off
frequency callers can "pull" a running station in one direction or the
other.

73,

     ... Joe, W4TV