[WriteLog] Rttyrite Issue with V11.10G - No Transmit

Al Burnham (K6RIM) k6rim at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 7 09:21:21 EDT 2013

Joe said:

If the TS-990 radio control is via USB, it is probably using the TX1;
command - particularly if COMM PTT = YES - which is equivalent to the
microphone PTT.  The microphone PTT mutes the data (ACC) input and can
be responsible for the "no audio".

Try unplugging the separate PTT cable and see if you don't still have
PTT.  If so, it can only be the TX1; command.

Response:

When I unplug the separate PTT cable, PTT stops working.

Joe said:

Since you are using XMMT.ocx, set the Rttyrite Port to *None* and
click "Option | Setup" in the RTTY control Panel.  Now select the TX
Tab and set the PTT & FSK port to the port to which your PTT interface
(the Donner?) is connected.  Make sure Tx Port on the Misc tab is set
to Sound (for AFSK) and the "PTT & FSK" port will bee used only for
PTT (on both DTR and RTS).

Response:

I have already done all of those things.

Joe said:

One last thing ... you may need to set COMM PTT to "NO" if there is a
conflict between the TX1; command and hardware PTT on PKS.

Response:

If I do that, PTT stops working.

Appreciate your responses, Joe.

Question:

Given my setup, how is it that MMTTY standalone works properly but RttyRite in Writelog won't cause the radio to produce RF output?

73,

Al, K6RIM

--
Albert C. Burnham