[WriteLog] 2 radios with digi keyer2

Dean St. Hill dmsthill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:19:52 EDT 2013

Hi Bob

Double check the speed of the port in both the digikeyer router and the
writelog ports setup and make sure they are the same. I think WL has
"default' as their default and I always change it to a known value just in
case the WL default isn't the rig's default or the rig's default was
changed. of course I think some of these older kenwoods were fixed at 4800
baud but that's where I'd start. Also kenwood mostly used 2 stop bits so
you may also need to double-check that.

Also wasn't sure if you were using 2 digikeyers or swapping between a
single digikeyer and 2 rigs.

The 2nd CAT is basically another port you can define so you could "share"
the rig with another application. So if you had a general logger like
DX4WIN you could set 2nd CAt to say com8 and set DX4WIN for rig control on
Com 8 and you could essentially have rig control in both pieces of
software. Other settings may also need to be set so if you also wanted to
work say RTTY in both pieces of software you might then need to also set up
2nd FSK to an appropriate and free virtual com and then tell DX4WIN what
port you were going to use for FSK - then you could switch between
programmes and make QSO's without needing to exit each respective piece of
software.

 Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM, rob <wa1fcn at charter.net> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Ok I know I missed it somewhere, and yes I have read the
> Docs on Digi keyer and writelog.......I am trying to get writelog
> to communicate with my ts870   and ft1000 mark 5.
>
> I can get writelog to read the ft1000 frequency fine. I have
> selected two radios from writelog.  I can not get it to read second
> radio's frequency.  I also have a software program
> Comm Cat it WILL read both frequencies at the click of a button.
> I use port 2 for ft1000  and port 3 for ts870.
> In Digikey 2 Main cat port is  2  .....Nothing seems to work for
> 2nd Cat. Not sure if I should do anything there. A couple years
> back I had writelog setup for 2 radios, but then I did not use
> Digi Keyer 2.
>
> Can anyone get pointed in right direction to check out ?
>
> 73 BoB WA1FCN

*Dean St.Hill*
*
*