[WriteLog] Version 11.12 Install Problem

Bob-WB2COY wb2coy at hvc.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 12:55:44 EDT 2013

I ran into this problem when trying to install this latest update to
WriteLog on my Windows 7 computer. It appears that WriteLog is looking for a
file that is normally 'left over' from a full install in the TEMP directory.
My fix for this was to uninstall WL, install the 'full release' that
corresponded to my license key, and then install the update on top of that.
I noticed that the WlFull01.cab appeared in my TEMP folder after installing
the full release, which allowed the update to run.

I didn't have this problem on another Windows 7 computer, and can only
conclude that a 'cleaning' program that I had run had cleared out my TEMP
folder at some point. Not sure why WL would expect the user to keep old
install files around, but perhaps it a way to verify that you are 'legal'. I
thought the key was the only thing required for that.

Hope this helps.  BTW, I didn’t lose any of my settings by doing the
uninstall/reinstall. Apparently, the uninstall leaves some files intact in
other places.

73 Bob WB2COY